Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Welcome to Fame and Flaws

This is a blog dedicated to the examination of real or perceived body image struggles, addictions and insecurities of celebrities and everyday people. This blog will cover a wide range of issues, including (but not limited to) body image, healthy and disordered eating, exercise, body dysmorphia, rehabilitation and relapse. It is not my intention to inundate the internet with yet another celebrity weight watch blog, nor is it my intention to provide "thinspiration" for anyone looking for such a thing. It is also not my intention to criticize celebrities undergoing difficult times during their moment in the spotlight. To the contrary, I find flaws make celebrities and reality stars relatable and interesting to watch. I find myself drawn to people (in real life and on the tv screen) that have imperfections and allow themselves to be vulnerable in a sincere manner. I would rather watch Intervention, Celeb Rehab or Hoarders than Entertainment Tonight or eTalk.

A little about me: I am a Psychology graduate and my areas of interest include disordered eating, body dysmorphia, addiction, gender identity and most recently the "reborn" baby phenomenon.

No comments:

Post a Comment